Mother’s Day is right around the corner and with the very special day approaching we’ve come up with a list of the best Mother’s Day events in Boston!
1. Shopping – Enjoy a nice day out with Mom by taking her to lunch and enjoying the historical scenery on Boston’s Newbury Street. Here, you can treat Mom to one of the many shops, restaurants, thrift stores and specialty stores in the area. Make sure to stop into the Map Room Café inside Boston’s Public Library for pastries & tea!
2. Lilac Sunday – Every year the Harvard Arboretum puts on their annual Lilac Sunday. The wonderful display and scents of lilacs will be on display from 10:00am – 3:00pm and the arboretum will also allow their visitors to picnic on the lawn while they take in the lilacs. Tour guides will also be there to help you get an educational experience.
3. Walks – Buy Mom a nice cup of coffee from Peete’s Coffee and take her for a stroll along one of the many great places to walk in Boston. You can take Mom for a walk along the Charles River Esplanade and enjoy the beautiful scenery on the Charles River. If your mom loves the coast then take her along Boston’s Harborwalk, which is one of the most well-known walking areas in the city and for good reason, the whole harbor glistens in the sunlight and smells like fresh saltwater.
4. Brunch – Inside the Langham Hotel on 250 Franklin Street you can find Café Fleuri which is one of the premier brunch spots in Boston. The Homemade Dried Fruit and Nut Granola is some of the best granola that you’ll ever have – they also have House Smoked Maple Cured Salmon that will leave your mouth watering for more. Don’t forget to book reservations to give mom the brunch she deserves!
5. Cruise- Take mom on an afternoon cruise with Boston Harbor Cruises! The cruise will offer food, a full cash bar, a rose for mom and a keepsake photo that will hold a special place in your mom’s heart for a lifetime. The cruise goes rain or shine and departs from Boston’s Long Wharf – you can book reservations directly though Boston Harbor Cruises.
Whichever event you end up taking Mom to – don’t forget to book a Go Boston Shuttle and let us take the hassle of driving, so Mom can really relax!
Send comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org